Featuring oral histories with USMA Class of 1991
Concept: Podcast will take place periodically and will feature unscripted long-form interviews with members of USMA class of 1991
- Foster continued connections among classmates
- Remember our fallen classmates
- Connect us closer to the activities at West Point, and specifically to increase awareness about our class gifting goals to AOG
- Celebrate the accomplishments of our fellow classmates and where needed lift each other
Before you participate, we’ll prep for the podcast with a Pre-Call a few days before the podcast is recorded.
The goal of our Pre-Call will be to identify 3 or 4 content rich stories to reflect on during the podcast. Usually they will be related to: Significant Life Events, Memorable Cadet or Army Stories, Stories of perspective (things we would change if we could, or things we are trying to get done). At the end of the podcast, you will get the “final word” – You can use this time for really anything… best practice is in some reflection of relationships with classmates, service to nation etc etc.
The typical “story arc” is :
- Present Day – where you live, family situation, what you do etc etc.
- Pre West Point – what made you want to go, what inspired you etc etc
- Your journey post West Point to present day
- Final Reflections – your time to riff / reflect on anything in particular
TO GET STARTED: FILL OUT THE CALENDLY FORM TO SCHEDULE A TIME FOR OUR PRE-CALL. THEN FILL OUT THE INFORMATION FORM BELOW WITH BULLET TALKING POINTS, NOTHING TOO LONG. THIS IS TO HELP IDENTIFY CONTENT RICH TOPICS. WE’LL DISCUSS THE POTENTIAL TOPICS IN THE PRE-CALL.
Select a meeting time that works for you by clicking on the calendar, below.
Remember, just a few bullet points are sufficient with the long narrative questions, below.